50 West Daily Drive
You would take the Las Posas exit, no matter which direction you are driving on the 101. The Hampton Inn is on the opposite side of the freeway from the Target shopping center. Daily is the first street past the freeway and you would turn left on to Daily. You can't miss the building. We will be in a meeting room on the ground floor. Look for the signs directing you.
We will be having a presentation by Sara Lamb directly after the meeting/raffle.
And, I want to remind you about the 2-day workshop, Contemporary Cut Pile by Sara Lamb. The workshop will be at SCIART gallery and will start at 1:00 pm...
If you have signed up for this workshop and you have not paid in full, please do so no later than February 20th. Please contact Ginny at furbunny at earthlink dot net if you have any questions. The fee for the workshop is $80 for members and $90 for non-members. Sara will have some additional materials for us to use during the class and that packet will be $10, payable directly to Sara.
The materials list for the workshop:
- Loom: rigid heddle with a 12 dent reed or better, a table loom or frame loom with tensioner and heddle bar are also acceptable.
- Yarns: one ball (250 yds) size 10 crochet cotton in any neutral color; small amounts of several other colors of the same size crochet cotton
- Two colors of larger grist cotton (tahki Classic cotton or Super 10 cotton)
- Wool for pile: needlepoint yarns (Appelton) in several colors,
- -OR- two ply wools of coarser grade wool in several colors.
- Sissors, both large and small (thread nippers are perfect for the small pr.)
- Tape Measure
- Tapestry beater or kitchen fork
- Large eyed tapestry needle
- 2 "C" clamps for tablet weaving
- colored pencils or pens
- notebook and calculator
Optional: swift and ballwinder
Materials from Sara: handout booklet, tablets for tablet weaving, shuttles and small amounts of yarn. Fee $10 payable to Sara.